Friday, April 20, 2007

Spring and Life

Wow -- it's been 20 days since I last posted. My apologies to all!

A couple of interesting things have happened. One is that I have a new position at work... along with the old one -- so I've been doubled up on work of late and pretty tired by the time the weekend rolls around. The other interesting thing is that around here, all the birds fly north for the summer. Those are my excuses, and I'm sticking to them! ;-)

Well... not all of the birds have flown north...

It appears that the really light-colored (Krider's) Red Tail is still around, suggesting it is a resident. We also saw a broad-winged hawk in a bush right beside our driveway. Marc thinks it might have been injured. And we've had an Indigo Bunting at the feeders lately. We've put up a hummingbird feeder, but have had very few takers so far.

We're kind of stuck at home lately trying to get our washer repaired -- so I'm not getting out much to do bird pics. Hopefully we'll have some this weekend if the repair guy comes early enough!

1 comment:

Lee said...

Good to have you back, Stormy! Marc said you've been very busy...don't you go over-doing it...we need some of your bird pics! :)