Monday, September 02, 2013

Labor Day Work

I'm taking advantage of the Labor Day holiday to get some work done for my garden.   Or at least that was the plan.  I slept in today, but managed to get out and get a picture of the garden area at 9:00am -- it was totally shady.  At 10:00 I had sun in most of the area!



So I get dressed up in my longer-sleeved shirt (it needs to be white), my boots (I need some new Wellies), hat and garden gloves to go rake some of the grass recently mowed on the pipeline right-of-way.  The temperature at the moment is in the upper 80s.  I lasted about 10 minutes.  Raking is certainly a different kind of exercise than I usually get.  On my calorie indicator program, it said I burned about 28 calories for 10 minutes of raking.  Of course, there is no indicator for 86 degrees in full sun, with a warm breeze.   Sigh.

Anyway, here's what I accomplished.  Now, how do I get this to the garden area?  I need to check the wheels on my garden cart.


Oh, btw, I have now adjusted my camera settings -- hopefully future pictures will come out brighter (and I won't have to adjust).  They were set for indoors.... oops!  Ok, now to go take my 11:00 light reading.

No comments: