Sunday, January 28, 2024

She's ALIVE!!

 


Hello friends!  In my last post, I commented that I had been away from the blog for 5 years.  Now, another 6 years have gone by.  The secondary blog I created didn't go anywhere.  In the meantime, COVID has come and (mostly) gone.  Those of you who don't know me might shake your heads.  I tend to do things for a while, then jump into something else.


Like taking pictures of the spider webs on my window that look like otters!  Sorry - "photo for interest."







One of the things that is "new," and I hope I'll be sticking with for a while longer is Toastmasters.  I really enjoy learning about public speaking, leadership and being a mentor to newer members.  Another thing that is NOT new, but I have "stuck" to all my life is my Christian faith.

The tagline to my blog is "Sometimes looking out, sometimes looking in."  I plan to publish several posts in the next month of a personal project, somewhat "inward looking," while at the same time completing a project of blogging for my Toastmasters learning program.  Hopefully, I can keep up with my blogging if I get into the habit.

I have recently decided that I would like to put together my own Bible Study of Verses that have impacted me, especially in the last decade or so since my husband passed away.  I want to take a deeper look at these verses.  I've struggled on how to do this, but now I think I've found a method.  I am also at a point where I'm ready to start this project.

In the coming month or so, I will share processes and tools that I have found, some of my thoughts and what I have learned through the process.  I hope you will find it useful and perhaps apply these methods (or something that works for you) to your own studies.

I want to get back into the habit of blogging.  I have a lot going on these days, so perhaps I will have more topics to share.

I plan to start blogging twice a week.  At this point, I'm thinking Tuesdays and Fridays.  So, look for the first post in the new series this Tuesday.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea Sally. My grandson enjoys Journaling. Lately he had started a journal of just verses.

Stormy said...

Thanks C, This started much the same way. I would save these verses in my online Notes program. I've just wanted to dig deeper. I would be interested in your comments, not only on the content but on the presentation of information. Please let me know if you would like shorter posts, photos, or other formatting.