Thursday, June 08, 2006

More Birds from Rockport

So I have a nice restful vacation, then come back to work. ;-)

Here are more birds that we saw on our trip -- not new for the life list, but still some interesting creatures!



Here are a couple of Brown Bellied Whistling Ducks in flight. When I would see them flying overhead, I always thought that bold white stripe was on the under-sides of their wings. But the bird book said it was on top -- this picture shows that I was wrong and the bird book is right!



Here is another type of duck -- this is a family of Redheads. A male, female and a couple of juveniles.



And this little baby sparrow was calling to mom and dad. The family lived on one of the many private piers along Fulton Beach.



Here's a Snowy Egret that worked it's way down the water's edge -- it took me a while to get close enough to get a good shot. Look at those yellow feet! It's like he's wearing bird socks. ;-)



Here's a bird picture that I didn't even realize I had gotten. I'm not sure what this bird is -- maybe a bittern? Can you see it?



And not all the pics were of birds! I'm not a butterfly expert, but this is a pretty one!

No comments: