Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Making Progress

 This week has caught me by surprise.   I have a sort of seasonal depression that happens in the Spring.  It's grief-related.  There are a series of days, one in February, two in March, two in April and one in May, plus a floater.  Usually when one of those special days occurs, I get a bit depressed.  Maybe not terribly, but it is true depression.  My late husband's birthday is Friday.  I started feeling off and weepy on Monday.

I have been doing what I can to keep busy, which is always useful.  Yesterday, the fiber guy came to mark the lines and he also agreed to look for electrical lines.  I now know where those are (approximately), so I have a better idea of where to put the fence and the gate.  I've also decided where to put the compost and the chickens.

My plan is to start setting up the raised beds.  Unfortunately, where I want to put them has a huge wood chip pile in the way. 



So I started shoveling!  I've probably doubled this from the picture to the right.  There's still quite a ways to go on the pile.


This is the area where I'm putting the compost, in the back corner.  In the area in front of the tree, but along the shed is where I will put the chicken coop.  The coop is to the far right covered in a blue tarp and of course, still in the box.  I'm planning to buy a screened cover for the whole thing, to protect from overhead birds and from other predators.   The one I'm considering will probably need to have the mesh replaced, because I don't think it will be enough.

I have someone coming to mow the bamboo sometime this week.  I'm hoping they will clean up all the chips so it will be safer to mow.  Until it's dug out (and maybe even beyond that), I'll have to keep mowing this.  Can I just say, I hate bamboo!!

On the plus side, the electrician came today and buried the electrical cable that we emergency-installed when the well stopped working.  The guys, four of them, had to hand-dig the trench and were here all day.  Not in any hurry to get that bill.

I will be trying to keep as busy as I can for the rest of this week.  I have a lot of activities already scheduled, so I may not have much to report on Friday, but we'll see.

Until next time,

Stormy



2 comments:

Anita said...

I am sorry for your loss but happy birthday to your late husband! :)
Your writing is very detailed! Love the pictures!!

Stormy said...

Thank you, Anita!