Friday, March 29, 2024

What's the Latest Buzz??

The weather has been wonderful this week, after the rains on Monday.  I've been doing some mowing and a bit more work on the shred pile.  However, it's also Holy Week for me and my thoughts have not been that much on the garden.

Big news: the bees were delivered today!  It is a very small transport hive.  They will stay in that for a few weeks, then a regular hive will be brought out for them.

Tomorrow my niece and nephew are coming to help me with some chores: putting up a fence around the garden and replanting my special rose.  It is in desperate need of a larger pot.  I didn't cut it back this winter, but I've trimmed off the dead branches and it's covered with buds and roses.  At the moment, I'm planning to leave the tarp up behind it for future bad winters.  Probably need to take down the blanket and wash it, though.

Next week I'll get new under-skirting for my house, and hope to get the chicken coop painted and set up.  I'll also get all the garden beds set up and get some dirt so we can get the garden going before it gets too hot!

Wishing all a Blessed Easter.

Until next time,

Stormy

No comments: