Friday, February 23, 2024

Changing Focus

The tag-line for my blog is "The view from my cabin door -- sometimes looking out, sometimes looking in."  In the last several posts, I have focused inward with tools for my Spiritual Life.  I have been putting together a journal for a personal Bible study, but also other studies as well.

I have added a section at the back for sermon notes.  I'm enjoying the sheets I've downloaded from Visual Faith for sermon notes, though I have to write small.  I may go back and color in the graphics on some of these.


As mentioned before, I am a collector.  In this case, I wonder if I'm collecting too much information on these studies such that I'm worn out by the collecting and do not return to the actual study.  Most definitely an issue to work on!

Starting next week, I will change the focus of my blog to "Looking Out."  I will talk about the plans I have for working my place into a small homestead.  I've already started the idea of redoing the garden and I really need to get with that before it gets much hotter.  It's past time (around here) to get seeds or even plants in the ground.  It will likely be another week, minimum, before I can get another load of dirt as the soil is horrible.

This weekend I'll be doing brush clearing (or having it done!) and preparing to get a hive of bees starting next month to work towards an agricultural exemption.  That's a lot for this upcoming very busy weekend.

I hope to have before and after photos next week.

Until next time,

Stormy

No comments: