Tuesday, February 13, 2024

My Journal

 Happy Tuesday!

I can't tell you how many times I have tried to keep a journal.  I am so inconsistent in that regard.  However, I do like using a ring or disk binder, which gives me a lot of flexibility.

My journal has monthly calendars (with tabs).  I really don't use the calendar for appointments, as I have that on my computer which sends reminders and alerts.  However, I can use the calendar for very brief notes on what I'm doing.

The blank journal that I bought was just for notes.  It included blank lined paper and 3 blank side tabs.  It's by "Happy Planner" and I purchased it from a local crafts store.  I also purchased a couple of blank calendar journals on clearance, so I have a lot of monthly tabs.  I also have purchased some dividers with top tabs (the monthly tabs are to the side).  I bought a pre-printed monthly calendar with dates included which is just so much easier for that part.  (The paw print is from a template, and I colored it to match my kitty's toe beans.)



I have the calendar in front with the monthly tabs.  The first of the blank tabs are various notes I've taken at events or meetings.  The 2nd blank tab is my bible study journal and the 3rd tab is for blank note paper.


At the very front of my journal, I have a top tab followed by two "To Do" sheets.  I bought a lot of stickers, so modified the To Do to say, "To Pray."  On the back of the first sheet, I have people with current issues - surgery, recovery, illness, etc.  On the second sheet, I have people with long-term issues.  For most I have their care givers listed, if known.  I may stick the first sheet to the divider tab, so I can open the two sheets side-by-side.  This makes it easy to pray for all these folks during my morning prayers.  In the evening I pray from memory!

Visual Faith has weekly sermon notes.  I have printed out all those for this month and have started taking notes during the sermons.  Then I add the bulletin with the readings on the back, and the sermon notes to my journal.  At the moment, I'm adding them in at the monthly tabs, but they are bigger than the tabs, as you can see in the calendar photo above, so I may move them. 

Speaking of Visual Faith.... They have come out with a "Common Book" that is a compilation of their tools for a year: devotional calendar, prayer page, verse mapping, scripture scribing - all of the tools they provide in one book.  If this interests you, check out the article on their blog page (https://www.visualfaithmin.org/post/introducing-the-common-book).  It will link you to their book store, if you want to purchase.

Question to My Readers

Do you keep a journal of any kind?  Do you use a pre-formatted journal, or do you create your own?  Please let me know in the comments below (you may comment anonymously).  I would also be interested in styles and tools that you use in your journaling.  What works for you?  What doesn't work?

Until next time,

Stormy




No comments: