Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Presenting my Journaling Template

I had the opportunity to present my journaling tool to my Ladies Group at church today.  The presentation took almost an hour, and I had done a bit of the work up front.  The Scripture for this study was about 5 verses, and there were 28 referenced verses!  We only went over a few.  I left the rest for homework.

One thing this tells me for longer studies is to "summarize"!  The preceding and following verses were numerous as well.  I did like re-thinking the keywords to look for the words that were most important to the overall verse.  [At this point, my mind is inserting, "Duh!!"]

I printed and passed out sheets for Sermon Notes from Visual Faith and those were well received.  I will be sending out links and a template to the ladies via email.  Overall, I think this was a successful presentation.

Now, I just need to get myself into a regular habit of nightly study.  I can do this 2 days per verse selection and take Sundays off.

To finish my journal "creation," I have a few things I want to do:
  1. Create a bookmark with a "Prayer for Bible Study" - perhaps with a graphic on the other side.  This will be used in my journal to mark where I am studying.
  2. Write a summary of the 10 Questions for reference
  3. Figure out how to get my printer to print double-sided on the 7x9.25 paper!  (It will do it on 8.5x11 or 5.5x8.5)
My Friday post may be late.  The latter part of this week contains a "difficult day" for me.  Next week I plan to start discussing my plans for turning my home into a homestead.  This is likely to be a HUGE challenge as I will be doing most of this by myself.  I can probably get some help from friends and family over the weekend, but most of my weekends are full as well!  I'm not complaining!  It's always better to be busy than bored!

Until next time,

Stormy

No comments: