Friday, February 09, 2024

Examples: John 3:16

In my last post, I used screen prints, but they were very small, and I'm really unhappy with what I posted.  I noticed that photos that I shared years ago can be clicked on and enlarged, so this time I took photos of my examples, and hope that you will be able to enlarge them and see them more clearly.

I probably need to redo the blog completely with a new "template".  I may try that over the weekend.  In the mean time, here are some photos of my journal.  I hope this helps with both the visualization of the template, and examples of how I am using it.

John 3:16

When I started this journey, this verse was not on the list, but once I did list the verses, I realized I had to start with this one.  It is often referred to as the "gospel in a nutshell."  I was still working with the tools and uncertain which I wanted to use (hence, the strike-throughs).  I also included fewer translations, etc. because I was writing it all by hand.




Page two contains part of the context.  I have since moved the geographical section under the boxes on this page (see the page under the Proverbs heading).



Here's page three with the table of POV, Enemy, How defeated and "Who are you, Lord?"


Page four was my opportunity to get artistic.  In some other verses, I have added downloaded graphics and artwork from VisualFaithMin.org 


As I reviewed  my 4-page template, I realized I wanted to include the text of the referenced verses listed on page 2.  This time I copied and pasted from my online Bible and printed, instead of writing each out.  Here is page 5.  On this verse, page 6 is blank, though I may go back and add to it.   In some other verses, I have added hymn text on page 6 and may add some graphics to that later.  I have decided that I want to try my hand at writing a devotional commentary (separate from "My experience and Feelings" on page 2).





Proverbs 3:5-6

This is the 3rd verse in the list.  With this verse, I have my pages in a better order.   I put a bit of a devotional in the "notes" and actually have the prayer on page 2.  Some of the information I've written is personal, so I will only show you page 2 which underwent the greatest editing of the template.


I can see that the photos are clearer even in the small size.  I hope these are helpful!

Until next time,

Stormy



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow…you’ve put so much into this…very inspiring!

Stormy said...

Thank you.